We are looking to recruit a Technical Superintendent for our office in Limassol.
Technical Superintendent (Tanker)
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Technical Fleet Manager and will have the following responsibilities:
• Ensuring the safe operation of ships allocated to him;
• Implementing and monitoring compliance with the Company’s Management System relevant to the shipboard and departmental activities;
• Monitoring performance, technical and operational conditions of ships allocated to him;
• Ensuring prudent financial management;
• Arranging for repairs and dry dockings;
• Ensuring that the ships are fully certified according to international standards and requirements;
• Preparing technical reports to owners in compliance with the management agreement;
• Encouraging and developing a strong safety culture and environmental awareness on board ships assigned to him;
• Providing support to the shipboard management in respect of technical and operational matters.
• A marine degree from a university, with a minimum of three (3) years experience onboard ships or in the shipping industry, or holding a Chiefs Engineer’s license with a minimum of two (2) years sea service as a Chief Engineer, or having been in a position of Technical Superintendent with another shipping company for a minimum of two years.
• Good leadership and communication skills, as well the ability to work within a team;
• Good command of the English language;
• Good knowledge of the marine industry and applicable Rules and Regulations;
• Knowledge about purchasing and budget cost control.
If you are interested for the above position, please send your CV to email@example.com.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.